The Dyson Airwrap is one of the best-rated hair stylers around. Even when you are going overseas, it’s one of the appliances you want to take with you because it works so well.
But will your US Dyson Airwrap work in the UK or Europe?
The Dyson Airwrap is unlikely to have any issues operating in the UK or Europe as long as a step-down adapter is used to change it from the mains of 220-230V to the 120V of the Airwrap. There are no specific warnings from Dyson regarding that any of their products cannot be used with adapters.
Appliances such as the Dyson Airwrap made for the US will work in Europe natively or with an adapter. The Airwrap requires a voltage adapter if you want to use it in the UK or Europe.
I’ll explain why the Airwrap needs an adapter as well as what the differences are between US and European power supplies. We’ll look at the best options to make sure you can travel with your Airwrap and use it abroad to style your hair.
Will My Dyson Airwrap Work In Europe?
The Dyson Airwrap uses the voltage 120V in the US which is different from the standard used in Europe. Europe generally uses 220V.
This means that if you plug in your appliance, it won’t turn on. It’s not recommended that you try to see if it works, as you can cause damage to the Airwrap.
- The voltage that works with the appliance will be determined by whatever country you bought it in.
This means that if you have an Airwrap that you’re not sure what voltage it uses, examine the plug or near the base of where the power cable goes into the Airwrap.
Otherwise, look for a label on the bottom of the device. This should show country of origin or voltage ratings.
Can I Use My Dyson Hair Dryer Abroad?
Appliances from the US can work in other countries if the voltage is converted. This can be a feature of the product, which is achieved either through the hair dryer being dual voltage or there being a voltage switch.
Dual voltage is normally represented by showing a range of voltages rather than a single number on the hair dryer. For example, it may say 110-240. In this case, the appliance will run almost anywhere in the world, you’ll just need a plug adapter.
Plug adapters can be bought off Amazon in preparation for your next trip. These will connect to your existing plug on the hair dryer and have the appropriate plug for the wall socket. Keep in mind that this does not change voltage.
- European Adapter Type C Plug: Compatible in most European countries such as Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany,Greece, Hungary,Portugal, Poland, Netherlands,Spain, Turkey, Italy; More country list can be checked in description; Note: not work in UK/Ireland/Scotland
- 3 in 1 inputs European plug adapter: This adapters for European outlets accept the standard N American 2 or 3 prong flat pin plug, max capacity up to 2500 watt (max 250 Volt, 10 A); Dual USB ports can charge up to 2.4A, ideal for cell phone, tablet, power bank ect; No need to carry extra adapter and power strip for your traveling, a small US to Europe plug adapter can save your suitcase space
- Compact Size and Indicator: This International power adapter is mini and suitable for travel or cruise ship; Indicator can let you know the Europe power adapter is on/off
- Note: This is not a voltage converter; This power adapter US to Europe is only compatible for 110V to 240V wide voltage device, especially your hair dryer, straightener, electric toothbrush or razor need to support 110V to 240V dual voltage, otherwise you may need a voltage converter
The Dyson Airwrap is not dual voltage and needs 120V. This means that you’ll need to ensure that you get a voltage converter to use it in the UK or Europe.
This will allow the Airwrap to operate as if it were in the US with no issues.
One common mistake to make is to leave the travel adapter or plug adapter behind when you’re moving from hotel to hotel.
A trick to avoid doing this is to use electrical tape or similar to temporarily affix the Airwrap’s plug to the adapter’s socket together.
Can You Travel With Dyson Airwrap?
The Dyson Airwap can be taken with you while travelling. Many reviews state that the Dyson Airwrap is great to travel with as long as you have a good bag for it.
If you purchase the styler gift edition or the complete edition, you will get an included presentation case. The gift edition comes with a travel pouch on top of the presentation case.
The presentation case is not meant for travelling so if you’ve already purchased your Airwrap then look to aftermarket cases.
- The Dyson Airwrap styler has intelligent heat control that does not go beyond 150 degree Celsius
- It attracts and wraps hair using only air ; Cord length: 2.62m ; Power: 1200W ; Airflow (lps): 13l/s ; Negative ions: Help reduce static
- Dyson Airwrap Volume + Shape styler — for fine, flat hair
- 1.2 inch Airwrap barrels – engineered to create voluminous curls or waves
- Soft smoothing brush: Creates a smooth, blow-dry finish. With soft, ball-tip bristles engineered to be gentle on the scalp
- Round volumizing brush- engineered to volumize and shape fine, flat hair
- Pre-styling dryer – takes hair from wet to damp, to prep for styling
- One-click attachments and cool-touch tips – a quick-release switch and cool-touch tip allow you to quickly change attachments while styling
- Symmetry barrels – clockwise and anti-clockwise barrels for symmetrical curls
- Cool shot – to set your st
Traveling cases built specifically for the Airwrap are easy to find on Amazon. BUMB make a carrying case with room for all the Airwrap’s attachments and wand that is sure to protect your equipment.
- High Quality Material: nylon, tough, waterproof. SIZE: 14. 2*25. 6INCHES Weight：0. 33lb
- Professional Design : 1 mesh pocket, 3 opening pockets and 1 zipper pocket
- Large Capacity Travel Bag: the pockets for pre-styling dryer, 4 curling barrels, 2 smoothing brushes and volatizing brush and other accessories.
- Detailed Design: the bag with handle can be folded to reduce space.
- Hassle-free Purchase: Laical provides 12 month money-back or new replacement
You’ll want to make sure you have extra room in your travel case to fit the adapter as well. LUXJA offer a slightly bigger travel case to fit all the Airwrap attachments, wands, and the adapter.
- PROTECTIVE: Made of heavy-duty nylon. Padded lining helps keep the airwrap styler and attachments in good condition.
- MAIN COMPARTMENT: The main compartment is sufficient enough for putting your airwrap styler. 4 inner padded slots are designed to store its attachments like barrels, brushes and dryer.
- EXTRA POCKTES: 4 zipper pockets (3 inner &1 exterior) can hold extra items such as comb, hair spray and other hair tools.
- CONVENIENT HOOK & HANDLE: A convenient handle on the top for easy carrying. Also comes with a strong hook. You can leave it open and hanging on the wall.
- DIMENSIONS: 13 x 3.5 x 8. This bag works great for traveling. Its also suitable for home daily stora
What Wattage Works In The UK For The Dyson Airwrap?
Voltage and wattage are very important to check before you try using any appliances internationally.
Safety labels or warnings should show the voltage, wattage, and amperage. It is very common on most appliances that only the amperage rating is shown.
- You can do a quick calculation using the voltage and amperage to find the appliance’s specified wattage. This is by multiplying volts by amps, for example 120V times 5A is 60W.
You want to ensure that the wattage of the power source is higher than the appliance itself.
If you’re using a transformer or converter, there should be approximately a 25% buffer on top of this because of heat and loss of power through conversion.
- The US version of the Dyson Airwrap is rated at 1200W. HYTED’s travel adapter goes up to 2000W, but any travel adapter that can handle at least 1700W should be fine to use with the Airwrap in the UK.
Check out this useful video that shows some cool tips and tricks.
Is It Dangerous To Use The Dyson Airwrap Overseas?
Electrical appliances can be used safely overseas as long as the correct adapter is used. Certain appliances may not function as well overseas, such as analog clocks or timers due to the different cycle timings.